Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great appetizer or addition to any meal. The colors of this ring are amazing. this can be eaten cold or warm.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 large yellow zucchini
- 2 green zucchini
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 small onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- In a large boil mix crushed garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Slice eggplant width ways and coat with oil mix. Broil eggplant.
- Repeat above step with all vegetables.
- Layer vegetables in a round mould or bundt pan. starting with eggplant, then mozzarella, fennel, peppers then zucchini.
- Turn pan over gently onto serving plate.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve with a pesto or sun-dried tomato sauce.
Had made this for my finger food buffet for a group I host, & then my son & DIL talked me out of it! Their raves, moreover, have convinced me to make it again sometime FOR MY GUESTS! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]