Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I have to be honest, I haven't tried this.. hopefully some vegetable lovers will give this a go and post some ratings...
- 1 lb carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) package artichoke hearts, frozen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill (or 1 1/2 tbsp. dried)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan, line it with wax paper.
- Grease again and set aside.
- Cook or steam carrots in a small amount of water.
- Cook artichoke hearts.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the spinach, onion and dill.
- Cook over medium heat until onion is tender and spinach is dry.
- Combine eggs, cream, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg - blend until smooth.
- In a blender or food processor combine 1/3 of the egg mixture with each of the vegetables.
- Arrange in even layers in the loaf pan with artichokes on the bottom, then carrots, then spinach on top.
- Place in a pan of simmering water that reaches halfway up the loaf pan and bake 1 1/4 hours at 375 degrees.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a serving dish to unmold and remove wax paper.
- Let stand 20 minutes before serving or refrigerate and serve very cold.