Recipe by ceilmary
This is from the NutriSystem Nourish book. It has 271 calories, 21 grams of protein, 22 grams carbohydrates, 12 grams of fat. It has a low glycemic index.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 slices gingerroot, peeled and chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 medium onion, sliced in 1/2-inch thick diagonols
- 2 medium carrots, sliced in 1/2 inch thick diagonols
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup chopped swiss chard, can also use cabbage or 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 6 ounces tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes (can also used baked tofu)
- 1 tablespoon miso
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 qt soup pot, cook oil, ginger, garlic, onion, and carrots together for about 5 minutes. Add the soup stock and cook for 5 minutes on low heat. Add the Swiss chard (or other greens), broccoli, and tofu. Simmer 5 minutes on low.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the stock and mix it with the miso in a measuring cup. Stir until lumps dissolve. Return the miso mixture to the soup. Season with pepper; cook 1 more minute.