Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A delight to come home to on a cold winter night! Add slices of thick sliced bread
Make and share this Vegetable Minestrone - Slow Cooker recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced (undrained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- shredded parmesan cheese, if desired
- Mix all ingredients except pasta and cheese into a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or until veggies are tender.
- Stir in pasta. Cover and cook on high heat setting 15-20 min or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
Delicious. I tossed the ingredients in the crock pot early this morning and enjoyed a fantastic bowl of soup this afternoon. So easy to make. My tomatoes were a little acidic so I added a teaspoon of baking soda. The outcome was very enjoyable. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Made and enjoyed for PAC-O, Fall 2009