Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Saw this one from one of tay weekly ads.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in a 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and cook carrots, red pepper, and broccoli stirring occasionally for 6 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in parsley, heat through, and season with salt and pepper.
Perfect! I was feeling a little lazy and didn't feel like cutting up veggies so I used a mixture of frozen broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and fresh sugar peas. I also used 2 or 3 cloves of garlic and left out the parsley and peppers, my son isn't a fan of either. I am sure this will become a regular on the menu it was such a nice and easy change from just plain steamed veggies. (4)
This is wonderful! I'm so used to veggies with lots of seasoning, but this lets the veggies just shine through. (No Soy!!) Once I cut everything up and looked at the ratio, I decided to increase the broccoli a bit for a bit more green. So quick and easy, and just delicious! Thanks for sharing! Made for Rookie tag game.