Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Wonderful veggie casserole. Perfect even for picky eaters!
- water, as needed
- 2 carrots, trimmed and sliced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed,cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, trimmed,seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Fill a large saucepan with one to two inches of water, and add your potatoes, carrots, cauliflowerets, and green beans; Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to simmer, cover and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain in colander.
- If you wish to save the juices for another use, make sure to drain the veggies over a dish to catch the juices.
- Thats what I do!
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat and add your onions and garlic.
- Stir and saute them until they are soft, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add your tomatoes, salt and pepper, and thyme, and stir, reduce heat to simmer, and cover and cook for 5 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- Remove from heat and keep covered; set aside.
- Spread potato mixture over bottom of greased medium casserole or baking pan, add salt and pepper to taste, and then sread half of your tomato mixture over the potato layer.
- Continue by layering your zucchini slices and chopped green pepper on top of the tomato mixture, and then pour the remaining tomato mixture on top of the zucchini-green pepper layer.
- Bake in oven, covered, for approximately 50 to 60 minutes until all of your veggies are tender.
I did this casserole for our company this week. Great combination of veggies!! the garlic and thyme really enhance the veggies. Rave reviews all around the table and everyone wanted the recipe. This will go in my hard copy, thanks for sharing.
Yummmmmy! What a great veggie dish. The tomato is a little tangy, the carrot is sweet, the onion and garlic add flavor to everything... just a great combination! Sorry love4culinary, I omitted the potato because of my diet, though I'm sure it would have made this even better if that's possible.
LOVE this! Sprinkled with breadcrumbs before cooking. We had it as a main meal (4 of us). Thanks!