Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An excellent dish for those fresh garden vegetables!
- 2 cups green beans, cut
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- Cook beans in boiling salted water til tender. Add celery and cabbage. Cook for 2-3 mins til celery is heated through but still crisp. Drain.
- Melt butter and blend in flour. Add milk and cook stirring constantly, til smooth and thickened.
- Add cheese -- stir over low til melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in vegetables. Place in butter baking dish.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Season tomato with salt and pepper and sprinkle with additional cheese.
- Bake 400 12-15 mins til heated and lightly browned.