Vegetable Medley Casserole.
- Cook beans in boiling salted water til tender. Add celery and cabbage. Cook for 2-3 mins til celery is heated through but still crisp. Drain.
- Melt butter and blend in flour. Add milk and cook stirring constantly, til smooth and thickened.
- Add cheese -- stir over low til melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in vegetables. Place in butter baking dish.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Season tomato with salt and pepper and sprinkle with additional cheese.
- Bake 400 12-15 mins til heated and lightly browned.