Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This can be a sidedish or its great over pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese..yum.
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whole kernel corn or 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a crockpot, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
This was such an easy meal to prepare but because I don't have a crockpot I cooked it on the stove top with two cups of vegetable stock and it took about 25 mins to cook. We had this over plain basmati rice. Thanks Dancer for such an easy healthy meal!
I thought this was okay but I would have liked a little more flavour...I did mine in the oven and added a little vegie stock to stop it from drying out, it was a great way to do vegies in the one dish but a few more herbs would have really kicked this up a notch. Thanks for posting!
This was quite bland until I doctored it with hot sauce. It took 8 hours for the carrots and potatoes to get done in my crockpot. I wonder if it might be tastier with Ro-tel instead of fresh tomatoes?