Recipe by BeckyMonster
I made this up one day when I was feeling lazy, and I was very pleased with the result. This is a twist on an easy meatloaf. The vegetables and tabasco add a nice flavor. I originally used turkey in this recipe, but I imagine that any ground meat would work.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey or 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chicken
- 1 regular zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flaked dried onion or 1⁄2 finely chopped fresh onion
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or 2 tablespoons Bourbon (optional)
- salt, about 1 tsp
- pepper, about 1/3 tsp
- 3⁄4 cup crushed saltine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix thoroughly thawed meat with saltines, tabasco and vegetables.
- If using fresh onions mix in at this time.
- Mix in eggs.
- Add salt, pepper, dried onions and bourbon.
- Use oil to lightly grease a glass pie pan or loaf pan.
- Press mixture into pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour.