Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
The best meat loaf and sauce I've ever had!
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 onions, chopped 1 cup divided
- 2 carrots, chopped 1 cup divided
- celery, chopped 1 cup divided
- 1 green pepper, chopped 1 cup divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In 10-inch skillet melt butter until sizzling. Stir in 1/2 cup onion, 1/2 cup carrot, 1/2 cup celery, 1/2 cup green pepper and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender (3 to 4 minutes).
- In large bowl stir together bread crumbs, 1/2 cup ketchup, ground beef, pork, eggs, salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper and cooked vegetables.
- Form into 2-loaves; place in 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 40-50 minutes until browned.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan stir together remaining onion, carrot, celery, green pepper, 1 cup ketchup and water. Cook over medium heat until veggies are tender and sauce has thickened slightly. Serve with meatloaf.
Best meat loaf I've ever had. I searched to find this recipe again on Recipezaar(X2). First time none. Second time,there is another recipe with same name which includes zuchinni. Closest I've found to Cheese Cake Factory recipe. I added an extra egg and no bread crumbs; 2# beef and no pork. Thank you FOREVER!
My family really liked this. I added a bit more salt. I made it in a loaf pan and baked it for 1 hour. My husband really liked the sauce. We will definitely make this again. Thanks!