Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This sounds like a lot of ingredients, but it goes together fast and is well worth the effort. It is one of those dishes that can be made the day before and refrigerated and pull out of the fridge and served the day of the dinner party.
- 2 1⁄2 cups salad oil
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, cut into bite size pieces and mixed
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into bite size pieces and mixed
- 1 lb cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces and mixed
- Whisk all ingredients (except vegetables) in a deep bowl until well combined.
- Add vegetables.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, but preferrably overnight.
Made these last night, tasted this morning and the veggies are very good. What a wonderful way to use fresh vegetables!Yum! I did add just a touch more sugar. Thanks Jellyqueen for a keeper!