This manicotti is made with lasagna noodles. Or, you could skip the lasagna noodles and toss the filling with cooked pasta shells. Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 lasagna noodles (6 inches long)
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 473.19 ml cottage cheese, drained in a strainer
- 453.59 g jar roasted red peppers, drained and 1/3 cup finely chopped
- 59.14 ml finely chopped basil leaves, plus 8 leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the noodles, stirring often, until al dente.
- 2Drain and rinse under cold water.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- 4Add the zucchini and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- 5Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- 6Using a food processor, puree the drained cheese until smooth; add to the zucchini along with the chopped roasted peppers and chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Rinse the food processor bowl.
- 8Lay the noodles flat on a work surface.
- 9Place an equal amount of the zucchini mixture at the end of each noodle, then roll up.
- 10Divide the rolls among 4 dinner plates.
- 11Using the food processor, puree the remaining roasted peppers with the tomato until smooth.
- 12Season with salt and pepper and pour over the rolls.
- 13Top with the sliced basil.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 1998.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 22.6 g