Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This manicotti is made with lasagna noodles. Or, you could skip the lasagna noodles and toss the filling with cooked pasta shells. Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
- 8 lasagna noodles (6 inches long)
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 473.19 ml cottage cheese, drained in a strainer
- 453.59 g jar roasted red peppers, drained and 1/3 cup finely chopped
- 59.14 ml finely chopped basil leaves, plus 8 leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the noodles, stirring often, until al dente.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Using a food processor, puree the drained cheese until smooth; add to the zucchini along with the chopped roasted peppers and chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the food processor bowl.
- Lay the noodles flat on a work surface.
- Place an equal amount of the zucchini mixture at the end of each noodle, then roll up.
- Divide the rolls among 4 dinner plates.
- Using the food processor, puree the remaining roasted peppers with the tomato until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour over the rolls.
- Top with the sliced basil.
This is an interesting way to use some zucchini. I did cook my manicotttis/lasagna rolls in a 350 oven for about 30 minutes - but I also think this would be a wonderful summer lunch/light supper served with a simple salad. Thanks for sharing. Made for Zaar Tag.