Recipe by bragz
Vegetables simmered in a rich tomato-based gravy. The best thing about this dish that its made fully in the microwave.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Hi Bragz! As soon as I saw this recipe this evening, I knew that very instant, that this was going to be our dinner tonight. I really love this dish and my parents were so amazed at the flavour, they've passed on a special "THANK YOU" to you. Now about a few changes I had to do to this recipe: 1) I didn't have greenpeas and baby corn tonight, so, I substituted those with 1 yellow bell pepper(finely chopped). 2) I feel that this recipe calls for a lot more butter(fat) than is really required. I used exactly half of the quantity mentioned - I used 2 tbps., but, not of butter, I used our cooking oil as nobody at home loves butter. I feel that the garnishing at the end with 1 tsp. butter is absolutely unnecessary. Also, in step 3, I omitted the butter. 3) I used 6 tbsps. of low-fat yogurt(beaten) instead of cream for a less fatening alternative. 4)In step 7, you've said to microwave for 4 minutes. I did that. But, when the time was up, I tasted the French beans and it still wasn't wholly cooked. So, I cooked the entire dish for 5 more minutes. Hence, my total cooking time came up to 19 minutes and not 14. This made 4 servings for us. 5) You forgot to mention the quantity of red chilli powder and cumin seeds. I used a little less than 1/2 tsp. of red chilli powder and 1 tbsp. of cumin seeds. 6) I used 1 tsp. salt as well. I was most happy that this dish was really easy to make in the microwave! Thanks for sharing. Will definitely make more often :-)
- 1⁄2 cup French beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup baby corn, sliced
- 1⁄2 inch ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
For the garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the onion,ginger,garlic, tomatoes, turmeric powder and chilli powder in a microwave bowl and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes Blend this mixture in a liquidiser to get a smooth puree.
- Keep aside.
- Put 2 tablespoons of butter and the cumin seeds in another glass bowl and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Add the french beans,carrots, green peas, baby corn and cauliflower, cover with a lid and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Keep aside.
- In another glass bowl, add the remaining butter, cooked puree, veggies, garam masala, cream, sugar, kasuri methi and salt and mix well.
- Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander and butter.