Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
GOt this from the Sanjeev Kumar cooking show or website.
- 1⁄2 cauliflower
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 4 French beans
- 100 g paneer cheese, cubed and lightly fried (frying it is optional)
- 1 green capsicum
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 baby corn (optional)
- 4 small potatoes
- 2 tablespoons nigella seeds
- 1 pinch cumin (though i like more)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 whole dried red chilies, whole
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh red chili paste
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon kasuri methi (dried, powdered fenugreek leaves)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 10 cashew nuts, crushed (optional)
- 10 almonds, crushed (optional)
- Boil the cauliflower florets with turmeric powder till tender. Drain and put aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin and chopped garlic and sauté.
- Add mixed veggies except potatoes. cook a few minutes.
- add potatoes and onion seeds. Cover and cook.
- When potatoes are soft but still firm, add red chillies, chilli paste and tomato ketchup. Mix.
- Add tomato puree and sauté a while.
- Add cream and kasuri methi and salt. Mix well.
- Add butter and coriander + mix till butter melts into the dish.
- Serve hot, with cashews and almonds sprinkled on top.
- (note: u can cook the potatoes ahead of the others coz they take longer to cook and the remaining veggies turn to mush by the time potatoes and capsicum etc are cooked).