Vegetables in a delicious creamy gravy. (Indian dish)
Make and share this Vegetable Makhani recipe from Food.com.
- 6 -7 baby carrots (1/4-inch sliced 2 times lenthwise and once in half)
- 10 -12 cauliflower florets
- 10 -12 broccoli florets (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 -2 medium potato (cut into bite size, 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste (or 1-inch piece fresh chopped fine)
- 2 green chilies (chopped in half)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 15 cashew nuts (ground with little water to make paste)
- 14 ounces tomato puree or 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 lb panir (1/2-inch cubes) (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kasuri methi (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Blanch carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, & potatoes boiling water. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, fennel seeds, ginger paste and a little water.
- Sauté for two minutes then add green chillies, red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Sauté well. Add the blanched vegetables and stir.
- Add cashewnut paste, sufficient water and salt to taste. Mix and bring it to boil.
- Add tomato puree, stir and cook for additional two to three minutes. Add honey and stir. Add frozen peas and fresh cream and stir again. Heat until peas are warmed.
- Add garam masala powder and if adding paneer cubes, fold it into the mixture (so paneer cubes don't crumble).
- If adding, add roasted and crushed kasoori methi and stir gently.