Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Vegetables in a delicious creamy gravy. (Indian dish)
Make and share this Vegetable Makhani recipe from Food.com.
- 6 -7 baby carrots (1/4-inch sliced 2 times lenthwise and once in half)
- 10 -12 cauliflower florets
- 10 -12 broccoli florets (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 -2 medium potato (cut into bite size, 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste (or 1-inch piece fresh chopped fine)
- 2 green chilies (chopped in half)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 15 cashew nuts (ground with little water to make paste)
- 14 ounces tomato puree or 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 lb panir (1/2-inch cubes) (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kasuri methi (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Blanch carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, & potatoes boiling water. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, fennel seeds, ginger paste and a little water.
- Sauté for two minutes then add green chillies, red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Sauté well. Add the blanched vegetables and stir.
- Add cashewnut paste, sufficient water and salt to taste. Mix and bring it to boil.
- Add tomato puree, stir and cook for additional two to three minutes. Add honey and stir. Add frozen peas and fresh cream and stir again. Heat until peas are warmed.
- Add garam masala powder and if adding paneer cubes, fold it into the mixture (so paneer cubes don't crumble).
- If adding, add roasted and crushed kasoori methi and stir gently.
This is my favorite korma sauce recipe, I have made it many times. Sometimes I use coconut cream instead of cream and sometimes I use it for paneer recipes. Tastes like the korma I used to have in indian restaurants, delicious! I can't believe I never got around to reviewing it until now.
The sauce tastes EXACTLY like what I get at our favorite restaurant. I'm excited to make this again and again. Thank you!
i've been looking for a great vege curry & i think this might be the one! Don't be fooled by the long list, it really is very easy. I used yoghurt instead of cream with no problems, although cream would probably be tastier still! Planning on trying some more of your recipes soon Heather, they all look so yummy. thanks very much for posting!!