Recipe by Chef MB
This is a very flexible recipe. Sometimes I used whatever leftover veggies I have, or (thawed) frozen mixed vegetables. I'm also lazy and prone to leaving off the crumb topping sometimes, too. I usually use light version of mayo, milk and cream soup, and sometimes microwave the broccoli instead of sauteeing. And you can use whatever flavor cream soup you like.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 14 1⁄2 ounces cream of onion soup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups broccoli, Diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni, cooked, draind
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cheese, mayo, milk and cream of onion soup and mix well.
- Melt 2 T butter in small skillet and saute broccoli about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add tomatoes, then mix with cheese mixture. Add macaroni.
- Turn into 2-1/2 qt baking dish.
- Melt remaining 2 T butter and stir in bread crumbs and Parmesan. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 325 for 35-45 min or till heated through.