- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 4 small carrots, peeled & sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded & sliced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 green onions, white part only, finely chopped (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large tagine over medium low heat. Add the onion & garlic and cook until soft. Stir in the spices & cook until fragrant.
- Turn the heat onto low & gently pour in 2 cups of broth. Next add in add the tomato paste, herbs, & all vegetables except for the garnishments & stir. Cover with the lid & cook for 45 minutes.
- Check the vegetables to make sure they are tender, if not cook for additional 15 minutes, adding another 1/2 cup of broth or water if needed. Once tender, stir in the lemon juice & top with the green onions.