Recipe by Redsie
This vegetable chili make a large quantity - perfect to serve for a big gang!! The beer adds a nice flavor to this chili.
Top Review by SweetySJD
I thought this was just great! I love that there are no refined sugars, but the chili is so sweet! I used a pale ale, not a light beer and that added a great flavor. This was very easy as well so I'll be making this again. Thanks!
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup light beer
- 1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large stockpot, combine tomatoes, kidney beans, celery, carrots,onion, green pepper, raisins, vinegar and seasonings. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for another 30 minutes. Stir in the beer.
- Simmer, uncovered, for about 25 minutes, or until thickened.
- serve garnished with cheese.