Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup dried wood ear mushrooms
- 2 quarts water
- 3 cups chopped mustard greens
- 1 (14 ounce) packagefresh Chinese egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄4 cups red bell peppers, strips (about 1 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed (green soybeans)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Combine 1/2 cup boiling water and mushrooms in a bowl; cover and let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain mushrooms in a sieve over a bowl, reserving soaking liquid. Remove and discard stems. Chop mushroom caps; set aside.
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add greens, and cook for 1 minute or until greens wilt.
- Remove greens from water with a slotted spoon. Plunge the greens into ice water; drain and squeeze dry. Set greens aside.
- Return water in pan to a boil. Add egg noodles, and cook for 2 minutes or until done.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, and drain well. Place noodles in a large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce and sesame oil, tossing to coat, and set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger; stir-fry 5 seconds.
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, onions, and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender.
- Stir in greens and edamame; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Stir in reserved mushroom soaking liquid, noodle mixture, remaining 3 tablespoons soy sauce, and hoisin sauce; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.