Prep 8 mins
Cook 6 mins
A good blend. A main course for 2 or a side dish for 4.
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 4 stalks bok choy, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chinese noodles (or vermicelli)
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- In 10 inch skillet, on med-hi heat, bring broth to a boil.
- Add onions; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add bok choy and noodles; cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Add snow peas and oil; toss well.
- Cover and cook for 1 minute.
Oh, this was really good! I couldn't find lo mein noodles so I used angel hair pasta. I did add a little soy sauce and peanut sauce for a little kick. Delicious!
This was very good although I did make some modifications. I was looking to use up a bunch of veggies, so I doubled everything. Used angel hair for the noodles. Added a green pepper with the onion, and added mushrooms when I put the snow peas in. It was a little bland at the table and my daughter suggested adding soy sauce - that did the trick! It just needed a little more flavor. Served it with grilled teriyaki chicken breasts. A big hit and will be served again. Thanks!
Simple and quick, a nice basic recipe. Like the other reviewers I had to add a fair amount of other flavoring, but it's a great place to start. Thanks!