Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cheap, healthy, good blog.
Make and share this Vegetable Lo Mein recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth (or veggie)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce (or vegetarian oyster sauce)
- 4 scallions
- 1) Boil spaghetti in salted water until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process. Pour cooled spaghetti back into saucepan, add sesame oil, and stir to coat. Set aside.
- 2) Heat vegetable oil over high in a large, nonstick skillet. Add mushrooms and saute 4 or 5 minutes, until they are browned and have released their water. Add bell pepper and cabbage, and saute another 3 or 4 minutes, until cabbage is mostly wilted. Clear a spot in the middle of the pan, add garlic and ginger, and sauté for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add broth, soy sauce, and oyster sauce to mixture, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer, then kill the heat.
- 3) Pour cold spaghetti into skillet. Mix thoroughly to warm. Add scallions and serve.