Recipe by Midge8
This recipe is a great meal. You can also add meat or seafood. I got this recipe from wegmans a store chain. We adjusted some of the measurements but it is delicious. Anyone that has tried this asks me for the recipe. ENJOY!
Top Review by Laurie in Atlanta
Has a great flavor - better than the restaurant! Can't wait to try it with other veggies and meats. The only change I made - we like drippy saucy lo mein, so I doubled the sauce and it was great!
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages lo mein noodles
- assorted vegetables (optional)
- meat (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- I like to start off by cutting all the veggies and meat for the lo mein.
- I always use broccoli carrots mushrooms onions peppers baby corn and sugar pea pods.
- (you can add what you have or like) I start heating my water for the lo mein noodles and then put the fry pan or wok on to heat.
- If I'm using meat I stir fry that first and remove from pan and then saute vegetables.
- After vegetables get to the point I want them I return the meat to pan with vegetables.
- I always use olive oil for the stir frying.
- I also add olive oil to the water for noodles so they don't stick together.
- After your water comes to boil add your lo mein.
- At this point mix the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar together.
- After you get sugar dissolved add to vegetable mixture.
- Toss together with noodles and simmer for about 3 minutes just to incorporate flavors and heat through.