Recipe by dividend
This is one of my favorite recipes from college. Even my meat-and-potatoes boyfriend likes this - he actually requests it for dinner. Don't be scared off by the number of ingredients and steps. This really only takes a little longer then boiling the pasta.
Top Review by Montagnaia
Pretty good stuff! My aspiring vegetarian daughter loved this meal. I took mplsgirls advice and added the juice of one lemon -- a perfect compliment! The only thing I might have done differently was to micro the veggies longer, as our family prefers veggies just a tad softer.
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small zucchini, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb linguine
- 1⁄2 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the broccoli, zucchini, and asparagus until tender. (I do this in the microwave by putting them in a large glass bowl with ~ 1/4 cup of water, covering with plastic wrap, and cooking for about 5 minutes on high.).
- Cook the linguine according to package directions in plenty of boiling, salted water, and drain.
- While the linguine is cooking:.
- In a very large saucepan, sauté the garlic and tomatoes in the olive oil for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in the basil and mushrooms, and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the butter and cook until melted.
- Add the milk and cheese; blend well.
- Raise the heat and let the mixture reduce by about one third.
- Add the linguine and steamed vegetables; toss to combine.