Recipe by ontariomamaof7
This is a great vegan curry dish.
Top Review by AmandaInOz
Tasty, low-fat curry! I think with additional spices this could be a real winner, as it's a bit bland in its current state. This recipe made 6+ servings. Quick and healthy dinner! Thanks ontariomamaof7! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 head cauliflower, stemmed and separated into florets
- 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large sauce pan or dutch oven over medium heat and add sauté liquid or pan spray.
- Add onion, and cook 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring often.
- Stir in curry powder and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add sweet potatoes, cauliflower, lentils, tomatoes with juice, and 1 1/2 C water.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until lentils and sweet potatoes are tender.
- (Add additional water as needed.).