Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
An update to your usual potato pancakes. I love potato but this is a nice change
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 medium peeled beet
- 1 medium peeled parsnip
- 1 large peeled carrot
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- Place large baking sheet in oven.
- Line second sheet with paper towl.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, dill, flour, salt, baking powder, and pepper.
- In processor, using medium shredding disk, shred onion, potato, beet, parsnip, and carrot (if shredding by hand use the large hole grater); add to egg mixture.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 Tbs oil over medium high heat, tilt to coat bottom.
- Drop 4 level 1/4 cup mounds vegie mixture into skillet.
- Flatten into 3 in rounds with a spatula.
- Cook 2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Drain on paper towl lined baking sheet.
- Place on baking sheet in oven to keep warm.
- In 4 batches, fry remaining pancakes in 1 Tbs oil per batch, being sure to mix batch before frying.
- Serve warm with applesauce and sour cream, if desired.