1/3 Photos of Vegetable Lasagna With White Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
I am posting this recipe, by request. It is a very nice non-tomato sauce vegetarian lasagna. Not gluten-free!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small zucchini (about 8 oz. each)
- 1/2 bunch broccoli
- 1 bunch spinach leaves (firmly packed)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese (can be part skim)
- 2 eggs
- 12 lasagna noodles (about)
- 3 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (slices)
- 1Dice zucchini. Coarsely chop broccoli and spinach.
- 2In a nonstick 12 -inch skillet over medium heat, melt butter (or margarine), cook zucchini, broccoli, oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Add Spinach and toss until wilted. remove skillet from heat.
- 3In medium bowl, with fork, mix ricotta and eggs; set aside.
- 4Prepare lasagna noodles as label directs. Drain.
- 5Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons margarine (or butter). Stir in flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth. Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly until sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- 7In13-by-9-inch glass baking dish, layer half of the prepared lasagna noodles, half of the ricotta mixture, half of the vegetable mixture, and half of the mozzarella. Top with half of the sauce, then with the remaining noodles, ricotta, and vegetable mixture. Spoon remaining sauce over vegetable layer; arrange remaining mozzarella on top.
- 8Bake lasagna 40 to 45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let lasagna stand 10 minutes for easier serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Lasagna With White Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.4
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 129.6 mg
- Sodium 586.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 25.3 g