Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
I am posting this recipe, by request. It is a very nice non-tomato sauce vegetarian lasagna. Not gluten-free!
- 2 small zucchini (about 8 oz. each)
- 1⁄2 bunch broccoli
- 1 bunch spinach leaves (firmly packed)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese (can be part skim)
- 2 eggs
- 12 lasagna noodles (about)
- 3 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (slices)
- Dice zucchini. Coarsely chop broccoli and spinach.
- In a nonstick 12 -inch skillet over medium heat, melt butter (or margarine), cook zucchini, broccoli, oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Add Spinach and toss until wilted. remove skillet from heat.
- In medium bowl, with fork, mix ricotta and eggs; set aside.
- Prepare lasagna noodles as label directs. Drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons margarine (or butter). Stir in flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth. Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly until sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- In13-by-9-inch glass baking dish, layer half of the prepared lasagna noodles, half of the ricotta mixture, half of the vegetable mixture, and half of the mozzarella. Top with half of the sauce, then with the remaining noodles, ricotta, and vegetable mixture. Spoon remaining sauce over vegetable layer; arrange remaining mozzarella on top.
- Bake lasagna 40 to 45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let lasagna stand 10 minutes for easier serving.
This recipe is delicious. My family does not like vegetables and they enjoyed!
Yum! This was very good! I added onion and portobellos, also used a yellow summer squash in place of zucchini. In place of eggs, I used flax meal and water. Also cut in half and made in a 8x8 pan since there are only two of us. Thanks!
Very good, I added mushrooms and sautéed the broccoli with thyme otherwise I followed the recipe and it was rich and cheesy and delicious. I happen to serve orange sherbet with fresh strawberries, it was a refreshing compliment to this main course.