1 hr 40 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup water or 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced freesh mushrooms or 2 cups shiitake mushrooms (soak in covered dish for 30 min)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped with their juices
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lb firm tofu, mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles (about 10 noodles)
- 1Sauce: Braise the onion and carrot in the water or wine until soft.
- 2Add the garlic and mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms are brown or soft.
- 3Stir in the tomatoes, tomatoe sauce and seasonings and simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
- 4Tofu Mixture: Combine tofu, parsley, and soy sauce in a bowl.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray casserole dish with Pam.
- 6Spread about 1/2 cup of sauce over the bottom of casserole dish (9"X12").
- 7Cover with a layer of uncooked noodles, then with half of tofu mixture and half the spinach.
- 8Spread half the remaining sauce over this.
- 9Now make layers with the remaining noodles, tofu mixture, spinach and sauce.
- 10Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour or until the noodles are tender.
- 11Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Lasagna with Spinach & Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.4
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1645.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 29.6 g