1/12 Photos of Vegetable Lasagna With a Thick Bechamel Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
A great lasagna with lots of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted peppers, sliced
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or curry paste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
Other ingredients needed
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles, cooked
- 10 ounces fresh spinach (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F In a medium bowl, mix cheese layer ingredients together well and set aside.
- 2VEGETABLES: In a large skillet, heat the onion and garlic over medium heat. Sauté until the onions are translucent. Add the zucchini and mushrooms. Saute until the water has evaporated from the zucchini. Add sliced tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings. Cook to reduce and thicken. Set aside.
- 3BECHAMEL: Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour slowly until the roux, whisk or stir for about 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add the milk slowly while whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the béchamel comes to a medium thickness (soft paste texture) Remove from heat and rest 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, to cool slightly. While whisking, slowly add the eggs a little at a time until incorporated well.
- 5ASSEMBLY: To a 9x13 pan, Spread a thin layer of Bechamel sauce into the bottom of the lasagna pan. Place a layer of cooked lasagna sheets, cut to fit into the pan if necessary. Add a thin layer of cheese mixture, then some spinach, followed with a vegetable layer. Repeat.
- 6Continue layering in this manner until ingredients are used up. Pour the remaining Bechamel sauce over top. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Lasagna With a Thick Bechamel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.1
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 561.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: