1/1 Photo of Vegetable Lasagna W/ Fontina Cheese & Creamy Parmesan Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
A recipe I haven't tried yet but sounds wonderful. Posting so I won't lose it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked vegetables (choose 2 or whatever combo you like, asparagus and mushroom, zucchini and spinach, broccoli and carr)
- 4 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onions or 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt, plus
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed with the side of a knife
- 5 tablespoons flour
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb Fontina cheese, grated (or provolone, 2 1/2 cups)
- 1Heat 2 Tbs. butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- 2Add onion; cook until soft and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 3Mix 1 1/2 Tbs. salt and 2 quarts very hot tap water in a 13-by-9-inch lasagna pan.
- 4Add noodles and soak until soft and pliable, 10 minutes.
- 5Drain and stack loosely. (Noodles tend to stick together as they dry, but pull apart easily.).
- 6Make Creamy Parmesan Sauce: Microwave milk, broth and garlic in a 1 quart microwave-safe container on high power until steaming hot, about 8 minutes. (Or slowly heat in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.)
- 7Fish out garlic; discard.
- 8Melt 2 1/2 Tbs. butter over medium heat in a large saucepan; when foaming subsides, whisk in flour and continue to cook, whisking constantly, until well blended.
- 9Pour in milk mixture all at once and whisk vigorously until sauce is smooth and starts to bubble and thicken.
- 10Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoons salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Remove from heat; place plastic wrap directly on the sauce's surface.
- 12Adjust rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 13Smear 1/4 cup of the sauce over bottom of baking dish.
- 14Assemble the next 4 layers in the following order: 3 noodles, 2/3 cup sauce, 1/4 of the onions, 1/2 of one of the cooked vegetables (alternating each layer), 1/2 cup fontina and 2 Tbs. Parmesan.
- 15Assemble final layer with remaining noodles, sauce and cheeses.
- 16Seal with foil and bake until bubbly, about 35 minutes.
- 17Remove foil, then broil until cheese is spotty brown, 5-7 minutes longer.
- 18Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Lasagna W/ Fontina Cheese & Creamy Parmesan Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.5
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 1418.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles