Prep 50 mins
Cook 40 mins
A recipe I haven't tried yet but sounds wonderful. Posting so I won't lose it!
Make and share this Vegetable Lasagna W/ Fontina Cheese & Creamy Parmesan Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups cooked vegetables (choose 2 or whatever combo you like, asparagus and mushroom, zucchini and spinach, broccoli and carr)
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onions or 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 15 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed with the side of a knife
- 5 tablespoons flour
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb Fontina cheese, grated (or provolone, 2 1/2 cups)
- Heat 2 Tbs. butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add onion; cook until soft and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Mix 1 1/2 Tbs. salt and 2 quarts very hot tap water in a 13-by-9-inch lasagna pan.
- Add noodles and soak until soft and pliable, 10 minutes.
- Drain and stack loosely. (Noodles tend to stick together as they dry, but pull apart easily.).
- Make Creamy Parmesan Sauce: Microwave milk, broth and garlic in a 1 quart microwave-safe container on high power until steaming hot, about 8 minutes. (Or slowly heat in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.)
- Fish out garlic; discard.
- Melt 2 1/2 Tbs. butter over medium heat in a large saucepan; when foaming subsides, whisk in flour and continue to cook, whisking constantly, until well blended.
- Pour in milk mixture all at once and whisk vigorously until sauce is smooth and starts to bubble and thicken.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoons salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat; place plastic wrap directly on the sauce's surface.
- Adjust rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Smear 1/4 cup of the sauce over bottom of baking dish.
- Assemble the next 4 layers in the following order: 3 noodles, 2/3 cup sauce, 1/4 of the onions, 1/2 of one of the cooked vegetables (alternating each layer), 1/2 cup fontina and 2 Tbs. Parmesan.
- Assemble final layer with remaining noodles, sauce and cheeses.
- Seal with foil and bake until bubbly, about 35 minutes.
- Remove foil, then broil until cheese is spotty brown, 5-7 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
Wonderful. I cheated & bought a bottled parmesan sauce. Cuts down on prep time & I think the cost. It Does taste better when there are 2 seperate layers of veggies. It's worth the little extra time.
Outstanding *creamy* lasagna. I love the fontina cheese in this!I used about 5 cups of veggies a combination of mushrooms,carrots, broccoli,califlower,zucchini, carrots and asparagus. The garlic was perfect. I found in the microwave 2.5 minutes was enough to warm the milk mixture. The method for the noodles is perfect. I picked this recipe because I had picked up some no boil noodles (by mistake) and now Ive made this several times now and I am buying them and will have them on hand to make this again. Thanks so much for posting this recipe Impera! This is a family favorite.
this is the bomb . really good .impera is one of the most helpful people on zaar and everyone should give HER 5 stars .thank you dee