Recipe by Lainey6605
If you want a change from the traditional lasagna, give these vegetable roll-ups a try. It is a recipe from the Bagel Factory in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Top Review by aylett
Absolutely awesome! DH and my daughter who doesn't like spinach both loved them. At the end of dinner they both asked me when we could have them again. Fortunately, there are leftovers! Wouldn't change a thing!
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces mushroom stems and pieces
- 3 egg yolks
- 32 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles. Drain and lay flat. Thaw spinach and broccoli. Squeeze completely dry.
- Drain mushrooms. Empty Ricotta cheese into deep bowl, add three egg yolks, a handful of Parmesan cheese, a dash of nutmeg and parsley. Mix with spoon.
- Add mozzarella, spinach, broccoli and mushrooms. Mix well.
- Spread some sauce onto bottom of lasagna pan. Use rubber spatula to spread Ricotta mixture onto length of lasagna noodles and roll tightly.
- Put roll ups into lasagna pan, seam down. Fit roll ups snuggly.
- Add sauce to top of roll ups.
- Add grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for about 40 minutes.