Recipe by That is Dr House to you
From Better Homes and Gardens. It will work with full fat for those of you not watching your fat.
- 9 -10 lasagna noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium low-fat vegetable broth or 1⁄4 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen French-cut green beans
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 15 ounces low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat romano cheese or 2 tablespoons fat-free parmesan cheese
- 2 small tomatoes, thin sliced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package omitting the salt. Drain. Combine ricotta, milk, basil and pepper. Set aside.
- Filling: Combine Broth [Use only Vegetable for Vegetarian], broccoli, green beans, carrots, onion and garlic. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, oregano and salt or Mrs Dash. Cook covered until heated through.
- Spray 9 inch spring form pan with spray. Coat well. Now line with noodles and let them extend over the side.
- Layer half of the vegetable mix, 1 cup of the ricotta and remaining vegetable mix over noodles. Trim noodles so 3 inches extend over top of vegetable mix. Discard trimmings. Fold noodle ends over vegetable mix. Place pan on a 15 X 10 X 1 inch baking pan. Cover and bake for 30 mins at 350°F.
- Stir Romano cheese into remaining ricotta. Spread over top of pie. Place slices on top around edges slightly overlapping each other. Cover and bake 20 more minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10. Sprinkle the parsley on top. Cut into wedges and serve.