Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Vegetable Lasagna in Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, drained
- 3 cups shredded four cheese blend, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan on low heat.
- Stir in flour, salt and ground red pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended.
- Cook on medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, onions and garlic; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes set aside.
- Mix ricotta cheese and basil.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the Parmesan sauce into a 12 x 8-inch baking dish; cover with layers of 3 of the noodles, 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1/3 of the vegetable mixture, 1 cup of the shredded cheese and 1/3 of the remaining Parmesan sauce. Repeat .
- Cover and bake 55 minutes; uncover.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly.