Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 28 ounces tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced thinly
- In a 2 quart saucepan, cook onions, celery and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Add tomatoes, water and season- ings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Simmer over low heat, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add 3/4 cup of the cheese. Stir until smooth.
- In a 12 x 8-inch baking dish, spread 1 cup of sauce. Top with 3 noodles, 1 cup zucchini and 1 cup sauce. Repeat noodles, zucchini and sauce, noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand 15 minutes.