1 hr 20 mins
Yoga Booty's Note:
from the "dancing gourmet cookbook"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 lb lasagna noodle (ones that don't need to be precooked)
- 1/4 lb part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1White Sauce.
- 21. melt butter over medium heat in medium saucepan.
- 32. add flour one tbsp at a time, whisking after each addition.
- 43. add milk and whisk, reduce to a simmer for 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- 54. add salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
- 65. remove from heat until ready to use.
- 81. arrange eggplant on baking tray. Spray with olive oil and bake 30 min at 350 (turn over halfway through).
- 92. Meanwhile in large skillet, saute onions in 1 tsp olive oil until soft. add mushrooms, white wine, oregano, thyme, basil, salt and pepper. Stir until liquid evaporates.
- 103. add garlic and spinach and cook for 5 min, may need to add 1/2 spinach at a time to fit into pan.
- 114. add mushrooms, broccoli, and zucchini and saute until spinach is fully wilted.
- 125. mix well with white sauce and 1 tbsp oregano or seasoning and set aside.
- 136. preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 147. in a rectangular baking dish ( 13x10x2) spread evenly 1 cup crushed tomatoes (add italian seasonings) and cover with a single layer lasagna.
- 158. spread half of vegetable mixture over lasagna.
- 169. top with a layer of eggplant and 1/2 the mozzarella and parmesan.
- 1710. repeat with another layer of lasagna, vegetable mixture, and eggplant.
- 1811. add remained noodles and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 1912. cover with tin foil and bake 35 minute.
- 2013. allow 10 min to cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.4
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 452.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 19.2 g