Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I like cooking vegetarian dish although I am not vegan or vegetarian. This is one of my delicious pasta casseroles.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups vegetable pasta sauce
- 3 eggplants
- 4 sweet peppers (seeded)
- 3 tomatoes (seeded)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup tofu, crushed into tiny pieces (optional)
- salt and black pepper
- Wash the egg plants, peppers and tomatoes, slice as desired; place all in a broiling pan.
- Mix one tablespoon oil with salt and black pepper to taste in a small bowl; Spread it on the sliced vegetables; Broil it for 7-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a white cream - mix water and flour; whisk it well; Add two tablespoon oil, salt and black pepper to taste; Gradually, add soy milk and cook it until it is creamy;.
- Cook the lasagna noodles following direction from the package. Drain and rinse noodles; separating each, place them on paper towel or baking sheet.
- Warm the pasta sauce if it was prepared in advance; mix it with oregano.
- Heat the oven to 350 degree.
- In a non-stick baking pan, spread ½ cup of vegetable sauce and place four lasagna noodles.
- Over the noodles (a) spread the creamy white sauce (b) the pasta sauces (c) the broiled vegetables (d) tofu (e) pasta sauce. Repeat the placing order until the end which will be three times.
- Cover and cook it for 40-45 minutes. Turn the heat off; Remove the cover and keep the lasagna inside the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven; Keep it outside for another 5 minutes to settle before cutting.
- *Please see my recipe for vegetable pasta sauce on this website.