Recipe by cellogirl2
This is so good. Even though it looks like there are a lot of steps, it's really easy.
- 8 ounces dried lasagna noodles (9 or 10 noodles)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and thoroughly drained
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (3 ounces)
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Drain; set aside.
- In a bowl combine eggs, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet cook the mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot oil until tender. Stir in flour and pepper; add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir slightly thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the spinach, broccoli, carrot, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- To assemble, in a greased 5-quart circular glass baking dish, layer one-third of the noodles, folding or cutting to fit, if necessary.
- Spread with one-third of the cottage cheese mixture, then one-third of the vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with one-third of the mozarella cheese.
- Repeat the layers twice or until mixtures are gone.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350˚ oven for 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.