Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Southern Living. Have adapted this over time for my family's taste.
- 10 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (I use 16 oz.)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped ripe olives, drained (I omit, my kids don't like olives much)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano (I use 2 t.)
- salt (I use 1/2 t.)
- pepper (I use 1/2 t.)
- 2 cups cottage cheese (I use lowfat)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (I have reduced this to 2 cups to lower the fat some)
- 1 (3 ounce) packagerefrigerated grated parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Cook mushrooms, carrot, and onion in olive oil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce and next 4 ingredients, plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Place half of cooked lasagna noodles in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Layer with half each of cottage cheese, spinach, tomato sauce mixture, Monterey Jack cheese, and Parmesam cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Fantastic!! We had out of town guests who are vegetarians. I served this and all I can say is we ate until we couldn't move. I have to admit I was a little hesitant but this dish was incredible. We will definitely make this again. Thank you so much.
This was our supper last night. YuMmy!!Very nice flavor. Left out the olives because my kids won't touch them. Still an incredible dish. Certainly didn't miss the meat. Definitely will make this again. Thanks NurseDi!!
My husband was totally amazed, well really we all were. This was so rich and delicious. In my attempt to create more meatless meals, I tried this. We all loved it. Took a little time to put together but it was worth every minute. Very cheesy and full of flavor. Thanks Nurse Di, another winner.