1 hr 15 mins
Southern Living. Have adapted this over time for my family's taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (I use 16 oz.)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped ripe olives, drained (I omit, my kids don't like olives much)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano (I use 2 t.)
- salt (I use 1/2 t.)
- pepper (I use 1/2 t.)
- 2 cups cottage cheese (I use lowfat)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (I have reduced this to 2 cups to lower the fat some)
- 1 (3 ounce) package refrigerated grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2Cook mushrooms, carrot, and onion in olive oil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- 3Stir in tomato sauce and next 4 ingredients, plus salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Place half of cooked lasagna noodles in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- 5Layer with half each of cottage cheese, spinach, tomato sauce mixture, Monterey Jack cheese, and Parmesam cheese.
- 6Repeat layers.
- 7Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- 8Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.6
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 67.5 mg
- Sodium 1484.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 33.4 g