1/2 Photos of Vegetable Lasagna
1 hr 15 mins
This colourful and tasty lasagna might be a little work to put together but the end result is well worth it. Tasty layers of vegetables in a tomato sauce, topped off with a delicious rich cheese sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 226.79 g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 314.66 ml passata (seived tomatoes)
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil
- 8 lasagna noodles, verdi sheets (the no cook kind)
- salt and pepper
- 1Place the eggplant slices in a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave for 20 minutes while you are preparing the other vegetables. Rinse under cold water, drain and reserve.
- 2Heat the oil in a pan and saute the garlic and onion for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the peppers, mushrooms, celery and zucchini and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
- 3Stir in the spices and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Mix together the tomatoes, passata, basil and season well.
- 5For the sauce, melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the stock and milk. Return to the heat and add half the cheese and mustard. Boil, stirring until thickened. Stir in the basil and season to taste. Remove from the heat. Add a bit of the hot mixture to the beaten egg to temper it, then stir the whole mixture back into the cheese sauce, Set aside.
- 6Coat the bottom of a square baking dish with some of the tomato sauce and place half of the lasagna sheets in the dish. cover with half the vegetables, then half the tomato sauce, and finally half the eggplant. Repeat again, spooning the cheese sauce on top of everything. Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- 7Cook in a preheated oven 180*C/350*F for 40 minutes until browned and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (698 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.9
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 101.0 mg
- Sodium 612.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: