Recipe by Rita~
COMFORT FOOD!!! POTATO AND NOODLES what more?
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Made this for dinner last night .......delicious! I added more garlic, cause DH and me love that garlic...also I used more bacon......like CookbookCarrie said, it IS very filling, you really don't need anything else with this wonderful casserole, but I served it with a side salad........ wonderful meal Rita, I will be making this again, Thanx :-) :-)
- 1 lb half cooked noodles
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (obviously this is not a kosher kugel ,-)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed (small)
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated cheese, plus
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (divided in half)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix melted butter with cooked noodles.
- Brown bacon till crisp set aside.
- Saute all vegies in bacon fat and 1 tablespoon olive oil till tender.
- Lightly beat the eggs, cream, pepper and salt.
- Pour over noodles and add the cooked vegies, 1 tablespoon parsley and 1 cup grated cheese.
- Put into a butter casserole dish.
- Stir 1 tablespoon parsley, cooked bacon, cheese and breadcrumbs together.
- Sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Bake 350 degree for 50 minutes.
- Cover if top gets too brown.