Recipe by justcallmetoni
As part of the 2005 RecipeZaar World Tour I've been searching for International recipes to introduce new flavors and ideas to our meal plans. This one is from Diabetic Gourmet via a friend, but it looks quite promising. For those like me following the WW Core plan it's Core plus the points for the matzo meal.
Top Review by MsPia
The house smelled so good while cooking this veggies.
I don't have Matzo meal, so I used bread crumbs instead .
Also used some fresh basil instead of dry.
We are only 2 so I had plenty of leftovers that we eat the next day covered with recipe#62371.
Really good both ways.
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup matzo meal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a non-stick pan with medium heat.
- Lightly spritz with cooking spray and sauté onion, celery, red pepper and carrots for 5 minutes, until golden.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Mix in all the remaining ingredients and pour shallow roasting or lasagna pan prepared with cooking spray. Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes until the kugel is firm set.
- Cut into squares and serve.