Recipe by RenMyr
This recipe is from the Jewish Low Cholesterol Cookbook by R. Leviton Excellent...so tasty!
- 8 ounces wheat crackers
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 6 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulverize crackers in a blender. This yields 2 1/4 cup fine crumbs. Set aside.
- Finely chop vegetables in blender in 2 OR 3 batches.
- Mix the cracker crumbs, finely chopped vegetables, margarine and salt altogether in a large bowl.
- Oil 3 pieces of aluminum foil 8 inches by 12 inches. Form the vegetable-cracker mixture into 3 rolls about 1 1/2 inches by 9 inches on the foil sheets. Roll up the sheets and fold the edges to seal. Freeze overnight or until hard.
- Unpeel the foil and place the frozen rolls on heavily greased baking sheets or pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cut into 3/4 to 1 inch slices.