Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Vege kebabs in an easy to make Thai style sauce. To make a low fat alternative has used skim evaporated milk with a couple of drops of coconut essence. Family favourite.
- assorted vegetables, of choice diced and parboiled
- tofu, squares (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 green shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- Thread vegetables and tofu onto skewers- keep warm.
- Coconut Cream Sauce: Blend all ingredients, warm slightly and pour over kebabs.
- Serve on rice to soak up sauce.
I also really liked these kebabs. The sauce would probably do well to simmer for about 5 or 10 minutes on a low heat to allow for more blending of flavors. Love the idea of parboiling, then grilling (I used my oven). Will make again. Made for "Let's Get Skewered Tag" 2008. (-:
These kebabs were really delicious. I did get a little confused with the directions that just say to keep warm. I broiled them in the oven and ate them with fried tofu on the side (I was just afraid they would slip off the stick while cooking) and rice. I loved the sauce though it was spicy! Maybe the heat came from the chili sauce brand I bought...I wasn't sure what brand to get where I live in the Philippines because their sauces are usually too sweet and the imports can be dangerously hot! I love these veggies and sauce though and now that I got the hang of it will probably make them again. Thanks! Made for "Let's Get Skewered Tag."