Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Vegetables invariably taste good when cooked on BBQ. You can include other veggies in these kabobs, depending on what is in season.
- 24 mushrooms
- 16 cherry tomatoes (grape type will work too)
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 2 zucchini, cut into 16 thick slices
- 16 fresh mint leaves
- 1 red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn, crushed
- salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn, crushed
- Thread veggies on to 8 skewers, soak in water if using wooden ones.
- Place the fresh basil leaves immediately next to the tomatoes, and wrap the mint leaves around the zuchini slices.
- Mix the basting ingredients in a bowl and baste them thoroughly.
- Cook the skewers on a medium hot BBQ turning and basting regularly until the veggies are just cooked.
- About 5-7 minutes.
- Heat the butter for the sauce in a frying pan, add brandy and light it.
- When the flames have died down, stir in the cream and peppercorns.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Serve the sauce with the kabobs.