1 hr 5 mins
This recipe won a prize in the week of June 15-21st'06 in the Thursday magazine's Cook and Win contest. One of my favourite vegetables to order at restaurants is this. Now, thanks to Meenakshi S. Shankar who submitted this to the magazine, I can cook it in my kitchen, save dollars, use the oil of my choice, fresh vegetables, and yet, have a blast! Enjoy :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large carrot, cut lengthwise
- 10 -15 French beans, cut lengthwise
- 1/2 cup cauliflower
- 2 medium red capsicums, cut lengthwise
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 -3 green chilies, slit
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger, cut in juliennes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 100 g cottage cheese, cut lengthwise
- 1Steam all the veggies except capsicum(bell pepper) in the microwave.
- 2Steam the capsicum separately because it requires very little cooking time.
- 3Heat oil in a pot.
- 4Add cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- 5Once they stop, add green chillies and onions.
- 6Stir-fry until the onions are translucent.
- 7Add tomatoes and cook on low heat for 60 seconds.
- 8Add the masala powders and salt. Mix well.
- 9Cook till the oil separates from the masala.
- 10Now, fold in the steamed veggies into this masala mixture.
- 11Cook for 60 seconds, then add the steamed capsicum and cottage cheese.
- 12Cook, covered, on low heat, for 5 minutes until the masala mixes well into the veggies.
- 13Add the ginger juliennes and wait for 60 seconds.
- 14Serve hot with rotis (Indian flatbreads) or rice.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Jalfrezi
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 1013.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried fenugreek leaves