Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nourishing stew that can perk you up!
- 2 medium carrots, peeled,washed and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled,washed and cut into 1 inch size cubes
- 7 -8 French beans, washed and cut into 1 inch long pieces
- 2 medium onions, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 medium cauliflower, washed and broken into florets
- 10 -12 fresh curry leaves, washed and torn
- 4 green chilies, washed,stems removed and slit
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (one-inch)
- 2 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 2 cups coconut milk
- garam masala powder
- Lightly steam all the vegetables.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, curry leaves, green chillies and onions.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Stir-fry until the raw smell is gone.
- Add carrots, potatoes, cauliflower and half of the coconut milk.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and beans.
- Cook till the beans are tender.
- Stir in remaining coconut milk and a pinch of garam masala powder.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot.