Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the Young Times magazine dated 24th Dec'02. It was submitted by Nehal Gupta, a 17 year old from Sharjah and won her the title "Chef of the week!".
- 200 g semolina, roasted lightly
- 100 g yogurt
- 25 g French beans, chopped into small pieces
- 25 g carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 25 g green peas
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 green chili, ground
- 1⁄2 inch ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds.
- Allow to crackle.
- Add curry leaves, green chilli paste and ginger paste.
- Add this seasoning to the yogurt.
- Add roasted semolina to the yogurt mixture.
- Add the chopped vegetables and greenpeas.
- Add a little water and mix well to form a batter of pouring consistency.
- Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Pour a little batter into each mould of an idli stand.
- Steam for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.