1/1 Photo of Vegetable Hotpot
Vegetable Hotpot is one of those recipes that allows you to take nearly any vegetable in your fridge, mix it together with a few others, throw it in the oven, and come out with something divine in about an hour. Lovely!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 lbs vegetables, chopped (you can use almost anything, including carrots, broccoli, peppers, onions, courgettes, eggplant, cel)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Boil potatoes just lightly until about cooked.
- 2Place chopped veggies and garlic in a casserole dish or saucepan with 1 tablespoon oil and sweat veggies for 5 minutes. (This means to put them (preferably) in a covered frying pan and let cook on low for about 5 minutes -- just long enough to take a bit of the crunch off, but not enough to cook them entirely.)
- 3Do not overcook.
- 4Add the herbs and seasonings to the vegetables.
- 5Mix mustard powder, flour and tomato paste with water and stock until smooth.
- 6Pour mixture onto the vegetables and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Transfer to an ovenproof dish if necessary.
- 9Place the potato in a bowl with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and toss until coated.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Pile the potatoes on top of the veggies and bake in a preheated oven at 400 F for 45 minutes.
- 12The potatoes should be brown, but if they're not you can grill them for another 5 minutes.
- 13Serve with a salad or on top of rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Hotpot
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.2
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 52.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: