1 hr 30 mins
This recipe can also be made using any other leftover vegetables besides potatoes. This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe from today's copy of Young Times.
My Private Note
hot dog ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 large leftover boiled potatoes, peeled and mashed
- 200 g cottage cheese, grated (paneer)
- 1 tablespoon raisins, soaked in warm water
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, cleaned,washed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled,washed and chopped
- 3 -4 green chilies, washed and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- oil, to deep fry
- 1/2 tablespoon red chile, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1Slit the buns into half without cutting them into two.
- 2Heat a tbsp.
- 3of oil in a pan.
- 4Saute onions till translucent.
- 5Add the paneer, potatoes, crushed red chillies, fried onion, green chillies, corriander leaves, garam masala powder, salt and raisins to the pan.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- 8Allow to cool.
- 9Make cylindrical shaped croquettes.
- 10Roll these in seasoned refined flour, then dip in milk and roll in the breadcrumbs.
- 11Refrigerate for an hour or more.
- 12Heat sufficient oil in a wok.
- 13Deep fry the rolls till golden brown.
- 14Drain onto an absorbent kitchen towel.
- 15Apply butter on the sides of the buns.
- 16Apply mustard paste after that.
- 17Place a spoonful of chopped onions on one side.
- 18Spread tomato ketchup on the other side and arrange the shredded lettuce.
- 19Place the hot fried rolls, one in each bun.
- 20Put a whole green chilli if you desire.
- 21Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Hot Dog
Serving Size: 1 (2541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 900.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: