Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sanjeev Kapoor Recipe
- 1 slice bamboo shoot, chopped
- 4 -6 French beans, chopped 4-6
- 1⁄2 medium carrot, grated 1/2 medium
- 1⁄4 cup bean sprouts, 1/4 cup
- 1⁄4 small head of cabbage, shredded 1/4 small
- 2 medium fresh button mushrooms, chopped 2 medium
- 1⁄2 medium green capsicum, chopped 1/2 medium
- 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons
- 1 small onion, chopped 1 small
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped 2-3 cloves
- celery, chopped 2 inch stalk
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated 1 inch piece
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce, 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons green chili sauce, 2 tablespoons
- 4 -5 cups vegetable stock, 4-5 cups
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, 3 teaspoons
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, 2 tablespoons
- 1 stalk green onion, finely chopped 1 stalk
- 1 tablespoon chili oil, 1 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add onion, garlic, celery and ginger and sauté for a minute.
- Add bamboo shoot and stir. Add French beans, carrot, bean sprouts, cabbage and mix.
- Add mushrooms and continue to sauté.
- Add dark soy sauce, green chilli sauce and vegetable stock. Mix and add green capsicum, salt, sugar and mix. Add white pepper powder and mix.
- Add cornflour mixed in a little water and cook till the soup thickens slightly.
- Add vinegar and stir.
- Pour into individual soup bowls. Garnish with spring onion greens, drizzle a little chilli oil and serve piping hot.